The Australian Museum Foundation is an independent organisation, and its sole purpose is to raise funds to support the Australian Museum's important scientific research, collections, science communications and education programs.
Why we need your help
The Australian Museum is an invaluable treasure for all Australians to enjoy and learn from. We are privileged to hold the most extensive collection of natural history and cultural artefacts in the country.
But, with increasing public funding cuts, the Museum relies on the generosity of individuals to ensure we can continue our vital scientific and research projects and enable us to care for the collections we hold for the people of NSW. We cannot manage this on our own.
How you can help
Even the smallest donation helps to support the work that we do. Your donation to the Australian Museum Foundation will go towards projects such as:
- Innovative scientific research
- Sophisticated science research equipment
- Delivery of education programs to students in regional and remote areas
- Restoration of important and historic Museum displays
- Working with Indigenous and Pacific communities to enrich and expand our cultural collections
- Acquisition of significant objects for the Museum's collections
- Digitising our collections to improve online access
- Research fellowships