Freedom2b is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people from Christian backgrounds and their supporters.
Freedom2b's mission is to save lives, prevent harm and empower LGBTI people from Christian backgrounds through reconciliation of their sexuality and/or gender identity, and their faith.
Our recent accomplishments
- Provided suicide prevention training to our leaders and key volunteers
- Involvement in recent documentary 'The Cure', which screened at film festivals around Australia in 2012 and gained national attention
- Promoted our cause and shared our stories in major news outlets such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and the local gay press
- New Freedom2b Chapter in Brisbane
- Recently upgraded our website and online community forum
- Reached over 1000 registered users on our online forum
- Provided support and education for Christian ministers and leaders dealing with LGBTI people in their congregations
- Engaged in community discussion through various forums, events and through stalls at Mardi Gras Fair Day and La Trobe University Pride Week
What we do
Freedom2b's major focus is the prevention of harm. We do this by:
- Providing direct support to individuals who are suffering because they are experiencing conflict between their faith, and their sexuality and/or gender identity
- Growing our network of freedom2b chapters so that we can link individuals to support
- Educating and informing individuals, groups and churches about the need and means to end suffering of individuals experiencing a conflict between their faith and their sexuality and/or gender identity
- Ensuring that Freedom2b is a vibrant organisation and is fully capable and resourced to assist in ending unnecessary suffering.
Every dollar given to Freedom2b makes a difference and allows us to spread our message of support, hope and life even further.
For more information or to read any of the stories on our website, go to: www.freedom2b.org
"I've spent a long time looking for people who will understand and empathize with my story… thank you all so much for the love you have shown me. It has at times overwhelmed me". - 22 year old gay man, Uni student
"… I posted on here a little while ago about coming out to my church leaders and was amazed by the support u guys showed me". - Late 20s, lesbian woman, Minister in training