Who we are
The Australian Museum Foundation
is an independent organisation which raises funds to support the Australian Museum's scientific research, exhibitions, education programs and natural history and cultural collections.
Why we need your help
The Australian Museum is an invaluable treasure for all Australians to enjoy and learn from. We are privileged to hold the most extensive collection of natural history and cultural artefacts in the country.
We are only partially funded by State Government so we rely on the generosity of individuals like you to ensure we can continue our vital scientific, research and education work and care for the collections we hold in trust for the people of NSW.
How you can help
Even the smallest donation helps to support the work we do. Your donation to the Australian Museum Foundation will go towards projects such as:
The Australian Museum Foundation (ABN 64 497 967 210) is a charitable trust, the purpose of which is to ensure a secure financial base for the Australian Museum and the Museum is its sole legal beneficiary. The Foundation is endorsed a as a deductible gift recipient and an Item 2 public ancillary fund under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. Donations may also be made to the Australian Museum Trust (ABN 85 407 224 698) which is also a deductible gift recipient under Items 1 and 4 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
- Delivery of education programs to students in regional and remote areas
- Working with Indigenous and Pacific communities to enrich their connection to culture and expand our cultural collections
- Scientific research and fellowships
- Restoration of important and historic Museum spaces such as The Long Gallery
- Digitising our collections to improve online access
- Acquisition of significant objects for the Museum's collections