Cover Photo

Urbis Bread and Butter Project Donations

Supporting The Bread & Butter Project

The Bread & Butter Project

Makers of Bakers

Urbis is raising funds for The Bread & Butter Project as part of our celebration of Refugee Week 2022.

Since 2013, The Bread & Butter Project has provided training and employment pathways for refugees and asylum seekers to boost their prospects of successful resettlement, employment and a strong sense of belonging.

How the training programme works

Trainees undertake a 6 to 8 month traineeship, which includes:

  • On-the-job bakery training
  • TAFE accreditation
  • English-language tutoring
  • Job readiness support

The Bread & Butter Project then supports trainees to secure employment after graduation with like-minded organisations who are passionate about creating a diverse and empowered workplace.

100% of profits are channelled into creating opportunity and alleviating poverty. Currently bread & pastry sales fund 90% of training and operation costs and donations fund the remaining 10%. 

Help to reach the goal of $750

$128 raised

Time left

Ends on 30/12/2022 at 5:00 PM

Donations Received

Logo Photo Anonymous
$102.40
Logo Photo Mark Kuhne
$15.36
Logo Photo Anonymous
$10.24

Learn more