Friends of the Earth Melbourne believes that social and environmental issues cannot be separated from each other. As a result, FoE is a social and environmental justice organisation. It seeks to work towards a sustainable and equitable future and seeks to work in a way that empowers individuals and communities. This means that FoE operates on a collective basis using consensus for decision-making.
Our campaigns and activities include:
- Barmah Millewa campaign/ Red Gum
- Murray Country: People, Land & Water project
- Climate justice
- Latin American solidarity campaign
- Anti Nuclear and Clean Energy Collective
- Plantations/ pesticides/ water
- Real Food
- Food co-operative and bookshop
- Quit Coal and stop CSG campaigns
- Yes2renewables (renewable energy and wind farms)
Your generous support helps us coordinate these campaigns and activities and maintain our office and community space on Smith st. in Collingwood.
Friends of the Earth's campaigns and activities are largely supported by volunteers so your donation goes a long way. Please consider making monthly donations to provide ongoing support.
Visit the Friends of the Earth Melbourne website http://www.melbourne.foe.org.au/
for more information or to become a member.