Free & confidential youth health services
- 75% of mental health problems emerge before the age of 25
- One in four young people aged between 16 and 24 are living with a mental disorder
Suicide continues to be the leading cause of death for young people aged 15 to 24 years. High suicide rates in early to mid adulthood are related to untreated mental health problems in the late teenage and early adult years.
What we do?
Early intervention is critical. headspace Geelong delivers early intervention services to help young people because research shows this approach makes a significant difference to how quickly and how well someone can recover.
But it's more than just mental health… headspace Geelong uses a holistic approach to treat each young person, assessing risk and identifying any underlying or co-existing issues. Our GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors, occupational therapists, youth workers and education and employment specialists are all trained specifically to work with adolescents and young adults, 12 - 25 years.
How your gift will help young people at risk:
- Education and outreach programs designed to break down the barriers to young people accessing vital health services and assistance getting their life back on track.
- A specialised Family & Friends Clinician to enhance support offered to family, friends and carers of young people.
- Assisting headspace Geelong to deliver youth friendly support services to young people in the local Barwon region.
Want to know more?