Your generosity will help families living with Huntington's Disease (HD) meet the many challenges they face in their lives.
HD is an inherited degenerative neurological condition. This means that it is a disease of the brain which affects the nervous system and is passed down through a family line.
Who benefits from your donation?
Huntington's Disease profoundly affects the lives of entire families: emotionally, socially and financially.
- The person living with HD - The onset of HD usually occurs between 35-50 years - it is a progressive, degenerative disease and has no cure.
- Their carers - Who provide ongoing emotional and daily living support needs.
- Their children - Who have a 50% chance of inheriting HD and may also be involved in the daily care of their parent.
Key Areas of Expenditure
Individual and family support
Day respite program
Support group meetings
- Respite holidays
- Social/recreational activities for families with young children
- Information provision to families and health professionals