Making a donation to WIRE Women's Information (Women's Information and Referral Exchange Inc.) means making a contribution towards social justice, respect and equality for women. Your donation will enable women in Victoria to have the tools they need to make informed decisions that will shape their lives and the lives of their children.
WIRE Women's Information is the only state-wide, free and confidential information and referral service for women in Victoria. Operating for 29 years it is one of the oldest and most established women's services in the state. WIRE has over 12,000 contacts with Victorian women each year and the number continues to rise.
As a not-for-profit service, WIRE works with the state's most vulnerable women. Many of these women have experienced family violence, social isolation, economic insecurity and homelessness.
Your donation today will certainly help Victorian women change their lives for a better tomorrow.
Vital WIRE services your donations help support
By donating to WIRE Women's Information, you will help to support the vital services WIRE provides to women in Victoria:
- Confidential Telephone Support Line for women (1300 134 130)
- Women's Information Centre (372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 3003)
- - Free computer and internet access for women
- - Free computer classes for women returning to work and those that wish to use the internet as a social tool
- - Free job coaching to help women find employment
- - Workshops and seminars for women on topics such as money management, financial abuse and family violence, and other women's issues
- Email Support Service firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livechat Support Service www.wire.org.au
- Accredited training
Read how WIRE has helped women like *Sally & Anne
WIRE Women's Information also provides a strong voice for women in the Victorian community on key issues such as pushing for women's equal participation in the workforce and equal pay; protecting women's right to be free from violence at home, at work and in public; and improving women's financial literacy and economic security.
Besides supporting and working with disadvantaged women, WIRE has also welcomed and trained thousands of Victorian women volunteers since it was founded 29 years ago. Each year these women bring their skills, new contacts and networks into the WIRE community.