Cover Photo

The Charitable Foundation for Books in Homes Australia

Books in Homes Fundraising Appeal


Books in Homes Australia is a charitable foundation that provides books-of-choice to children living in remote, disadvantaged and low socio-economic circumstances, ensuring crucial early literacy engagement and the development of reading skills needed for lifelong achievement. Our program aims to overcome the inequality of educational opportunities in communities where access to books for families is limited or non-existent and resources are often scarce. In doing so, our program contributes to helping overcome generational poverty by enhancing the chances of success in early education thereby opening up options, choices and potential in later life. Since 2001, Books in Homes has distributed over 2.5 million new books to children through schools and communities around Australia.

Books in Homes Australia was founded on the realisation that failure in adult life often stems from childhoods spent in homes without books. Children who cannot read, become adults who cannot communicate and this is unacceptable in a world that operates on the written word. Everything we do in life embraces the ability to read and write. Just imagine a life not being able to read street signs, or not being able to use email, or not being able to read medicine and food labels, or be employable!!!

How will the funds be used?

You can donate as little as $2 and upwards. Here are some examples of how your funds can be used:

  • 1 x Book Bag – $2
  • 1 x Book – $7
  • 1 x Primary School Child per term – $28
  • 1 x Primary School Child per year – $82

Books in Homes strives to include deserving schools on our Programs.

A primary school of 12 children for instance can be covered for a whole year, including 3 terms, for as little as $984, where:

Each child in the primary school receives each of the three (3) terms:
3 x new Books-of-Choice with personalised book labels;
1 x personalised sturdy and waterproof book bag; and
1 x Book Catalogue with the opportunity to enter a competition to win more books.

Each participating primary school receives each of the three (3) terms:
A Preview Pack of all 48 books-of-choice available for selection (that's 144 books that are donated to the school library every year!).
Additional Caught Being Good Books and Certificates to use as rewards for deserving children through the year.

80% of all funds raised are dedicated to the purchase of books and materials for the children and organisations in our Programs. The remaining 20% of funds raised are used to cover the administration costs of our Programs in the pursuit of our goals.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity!

Fundraise for this cause

Help support this cause by creating your own 'CrowdRaiser' fundraising page.

Contact Details

1767 Botany Road
BANKSMEADOW NSW, 2019

(02) 9434 2488

Are donations tax deductible?

Yes

Will I receive a receipt for my donation?

Yes, as soon as your donation is processed.

Amount Contact Questions Payment
1
2
3
4

Show cause section
$
0.00

Change donation details
The organisation will still receive your details, but they will not be displayed publicly

Change contact details
Separate multiple email addresses with a comma
Select your gift card delivery method
Once your donation has been processed, we'll send you a printable PDF version of the card to the email address you entered above, so you can print it yourself and give it to the recipient.
We'll automatically send an eCard to the recipient's email address (to be provided below) on the date you choose.

Select an image

Since the gift card will be in A4 size and the image will be half of the card, please upload an image with at least in 794 height x 561.5 width dimension (96 PPI).
Please refer to this link for resolutions options for A4 paper size in pixels.

Enter your message
Recipient email address
(Separate multiple email addresses with a comma)
Choose a date for the email to be sent

Preview

Please ensure the above information is correct. By clicking 'Next', you agree to GiveNow's privacy policy and terms of use.