This fund was set up in memory of Tracey Ash who died at the age of 26 after a long battle with unmanaged pain and increasing weakness from living with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the associated lack of treatments.
You can help to ease the suffering of other young people living with these illnesses. By donating to the Tracy Ash Memorial Fund, you can help to improve the availability of information, medical care and other services for people living with the Fibromyalgia, chronic pain and fatigue syndrome group of illnesses.
Funds will be particularly directed towards helping care providers and younger people who have no access to services under current Australian health programs and funding arrangements.
How will the funds be used?
Your donations will be used to:
- Train additional doctors and other health providers
- Circulate up to date information
- Provide care, support and educational information for people with complex illnesses
Key Areas of Expenditure
- Training, self-management and peer leaders
- Workshops and practice tools for providers
- Information and sheets for providers and consumers
- Telephone information and support line