In order to improve the outcomes for people living with ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, there is a strong need to establish a treatment Clinic.
After 17 years working collaboratively with General Practitioners, researchers and other healthcare providers, we are working to set up a patient-centred multidisciplinary demonstration clinic as a central point to improve treatments and coordinate research. These clinic priorities are guided by patient outcomes, particularly by validating new tests and treatments available to us from overseas.
Current research is opening up new treatment options but we need to fill the gaps between these and daily care. Our research has also found useful treatments already available in the community, but access to these treatments is often limited by cost, creating further disadvantages.
The Clinic is part of a larger project working to improve services, to train providers and to distribute practice tools and information on the latest treatments.
How will the funds be used?
Your donations will be used to:
- set up and maintain a multidisciplinary clinic
- validate new tests linked to treatments
- supplement the costs of care not covered by Medicare
- improve access to various allied health services
- provide care planning and management coordination for welfare and other services
- keep doctors and practice nurses informed of the latest treatments
- evaluate and improve the services
- provide ongoing research