Despite an estimated one million Australians living with Fibromyalgia (chronic pain), there is limited services, support and information available. The gaps between research and daily care are unacceptable.
Your contribution to this fund will help to support Australian researchers and set up a Clinic to provide multidisciplinary care for people living with Fibromyalgia.
This project is working to provide a one-stop shop for:
- the latest information on treatments and management to prevent unnecessary disability
- case management and appropriate referrals
- a list of Fibromyalgia-friendly allied health community service providers
- improved care planning and treatment outcomes
- improved research, particularly regarding the latest test treatments
- training volunteers in the special skills needed to support and refer callers and to provide them with the latest up-to-date information
- working proactively with other local and interstate groups to improve the knowledge and awareness of individuals and communities
How will the funds be used?
Your donations will be used to:
- supplement the costs of care not covered by Medicare
- fund research to validate new test and treatments
- facilitate training sessions for providers and consumers
- provide a contact point, through advertising and promotion, for people who are isolated and for those in the early stages of the illnesses
- fund an Australia-wide Fibromyalgia phone line
- provide crisis care as needed