Vibrant communities exist thanks to the passion of the people living within them. The Buderim Foundation, one of a growing number of community foundations in Australia, is designed to encourage residents to invest time and money in the town's future quality of life.
The concept is simple. The Buderim Foundation…
- receives donations and bequests (money in)
- carefully invests the funds to generate income (money managed)
- distributes the income as grants for community projects (money out).
Grants are awarded to organisations that focus on:
- Protecting and preserving our natural environment
- Assisting people in need to live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Adding richness and diversity to local artistic and cultural endeavours
- Increasing learning opportunities across all age groups
- Celebrating and showcasing our heritage and local history
- Encouraging and supporting those with sporting and other recreation interests
- Strengthening the social fabric of the community.
As part of Buderim's 150 year birthday celebrations the Foundation launched the B150 Community Challenge which raised over $200,000.
We encourage all donors to consider making a donation by direct debit which ensures that 100% of your donation flows to the Buderim Foundation and avoids the necessity of credit card fees being deducted from your donation.
To make a donation by direct debit, you can either
- make a bank transfer directly to the Buderim Foundation
(contact us for our bank account details) or
- click on the 'Give a regular donation online' and set the
dates on the frequency of donations to less than one month
so that only one bank transfer is made. You will also need
to set up a My Giving account