Connections UnitingCare is a community organisation with a long and proud history of supporting marginalised and disadvantaged people. We provide a range of innovative and early intervention programs that support marginalised and disadvantaged children, young people and their families giving them a better chance in life now and in the future. Connections UnitingCare has the experience, skills and grounded, creative responses to make a real difference in the community, but we can't do it without you. We need donations to support local community members in need.
By clicking on GIVE A RECURRING DONATION you will become a Connections Community Partner. Becoming a Connections Community Partner is one of the most effective ways to contribute to our crucial work.
How will the funds be used?
Connections uses funds donated to:
- Find emergency accommodation for homeless families, working with them to overcome their crisis;
- Work with parents and kindergarten teachers of children aged three to four to address a child's extreme social and behavioural problems so that they are not expelled from their kinder;
- Provide intense family support, including counselling, to families (with children) who are in crisis due to difficulties including poverty, drug and alcohol addiction, experience of family violence;
- Provide adoption facilitation for infants relinquished by their parents and support permanent care placements for young children unable to be cared for by their 'birth parents' due to issues such as addiction to alcohol and other drugs, mental illness as well as poverty;
- Help our clients to overcome social isolation and gain self-confidence and a sense of worth - research shows that these are important in fostering well-being and resilience among those who experience vulnerability and disadvantage;
- Address juvenile justice early intervention and prevention through diversionary programs that offer young people an opportunity to channel their energy, providing a real second chance for those who have already come into contact with the Juvenile Justice system.
Key Areas of Expenditure
Emergency relief - Connections provides emergency accommodation, we coordinate donated resources of food, clothing and toys and provide support and care packages to families in need, including Christmas hampers;
Suite of services - Connections provides innovative and early intervention programs and services that help people every day
Research and awareness-raising - Connections works to understand the fundamental reasons for poverty and campaigns to raise awareness and deal with the issues at a policy and decision-making level.