GARDS offers free support and referral services along with information packs and resource sharing to sufferers, their family and the general public. GARDS relies wholly on donations from the general public, foundations and grant monies to provide this service.
How will the funds be used?
The funds from the appeal will maintain our free information and support services.
- 24/7 information and support
- Free information kits
- Referral services to occupational hygienists, asbestos removalists, medical and legal practitioners
- Continue to provide information to our website www.gards.org
- Continue to provide counselling services
- GARDS quarterly newsletter
- Continue to conduct 2 x meetings per month - 1 x support for mesothelioma and asbestos sufferers and their families and 1 x operations/strategic planning
- Continue to provide education and awareness programs
- Conduct two public events per year - International Workers' Memorial Day/Wreath Laying and Asbestos Awareness Event
- Continue to provide free of charge medical equipment to GARDS members in the Gippsland area
Key Areas of Expenditure
Continue to provide free education awareness and information kits
General administration costs such as printing, postage, phone charges etc.
- Counselling, home and hospital outreach services and support meetings
- Purchasing additional medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators, conserving devices, nebulisers, wheel chairs, shower/toilet chairs, walking sticks and walking frames, bed poles, oxygen bottle carriers etc.