HLTTV is a not-for-profit, tax exempt, organization based in Victoria which assists pre and post heart and lung transplant patients of the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne.
What do we do?
Our vision is for a bright and active future for all those involved with or in need of a heart or lung transplant. We actively encourage organ donation and support the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, the transplant team, patients, recipients, their families and carers, throughout the journey.
Many people do not realise that aside from all Victorians, The Alfred Hospital also is the heart and lung transplant centre for patients from South Australia, Tasmania and the border area of New South Wales.
- fitness grants to our members to assist them in restoring and maintaining their physical health
- an accommodation program to support post-transplant patients during the 90 day rehabilitation period after transplant surgery
- an informal forum to assist patients' emotional well being
- a quarterly newsletter to inform, educate and inspire transplant patients
- an informative website on the transplant journey
- opportunities to gather and share stories for emotional support
- support to organ donation
How can you help?
We are seeking to give transplant patients an easier start to their second chance at life. Typically patients have suffered years of decline in health. Transplant is a wonderful opportunity to go on to lead fulfilling lives again. We give them a helping hand when they most need it. Your gift will help fund our programs and services to achieve our vision.