Through the MAD Friends program you can support our diversity and human rights education programs in Tasmanian schools.
Our programs and services include:
- The Hobart Human Library (diversity education through personal storytelling).
- ruMAD?, the award-winning citizenship education program that has already inspired over 16,500 Tasmanian students.
- Living in Between: Diversity Education through Storytelling run in partnership with the Students Against Racism.
- The Fairer World Festival, Tasmania's largest youth social justice event.
- To be available soon is a new diversity education program, Let's Get Together, an innovative program designed to help schools address discrimination and bullying and to build a more respectful school environment.
- Workshops for students, including I AM GLOBAL CITIZEN developed by the Global Poverty Project & Plan Australia.
- Our websites, www.afairerworld.org and youth.afairerworld.org.
- Professional training and mentoring for teachers.
- The Human Rights School Award for school-based activities promoting human rights.
More information about these programs and others can be found on our website
All MAD Friends receive complimentary membership of the Tasmanian Centre for Global Learning and the Global Learning Resource Library.
How will the funds be used?
The funds will allow us to provide education programs, curriculum resources, training and support to Tasmanian schools that will make young Tasmanians better local and global citizens.
Are donations tax deductible? No (tax deductible donations can be made through our library givenow.com.au/globallearningresource