We are a community group that has set ourselves the challenge of drastically reducing carbon emissions throughout the shire and to become the first carbon neutral community in Australia. In doing so we aim to inspire other communities and prompt governments to action. We are collecting funds so that we can further our work by employing a renewable energy project worker, conduct community wide energy efficiency projects and develop pilot projects in the areas of transport, sustainable food production, waste reduction, sustainable building and energy efficiency.
How will the funds be used?
- Employment of a renewable energy project worker
- Development of pilot projects in the area of renewable energy, sustainable transport, sustainable food production, waste reduction, sustainable retrofitting and building and energy efficiency.
- Employment of a project worker who works with the sectors of the community who are not usually 'turned on' to tackling climate change.
Key Areas of Expenditure
Employment of project workers
Promotion of energy efficiency
Installation of renewable energy in community facilities
- Training of volunteer energy auditors
- Solar installations on public buildings
- Community education via displays, forums, workshops, information packs, newsletters and website.
- Development of pilot projects that can be replicated in other communities.
Are donations tax deductible?
Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes, immediately sent to you by email when approved.
Donate to Mount Alexander Sustainability Group Appeal