Give at Work
Workplace giving is a smarter way for working Australians to give to charity. Employees make small, regular donations through their pay and receive an immediate tax refund. It’s simple, low cost and extremely effective when a workforce gives together. A business can boost the impact of its workplace giving program through donation matching, workplace fundraising, volunteering, skill sharing and in-kind support.
Why workplace giving?
It’s a win-win-win for business, employees and charities.
- You enjoy greater staff engagement, retention, productivity, reputation and social impact
- Your staff give in a smarter way and build a sense of pride in their employer
- Charities get low-cost, regular funds, access to valuable skills and long-term partnerships
The fact is…
- 85% of employees think it’s important to ‘give back’ through work (The Australian Charities Fund (ACF) 2013 –n4106)
- Workplace givers are more highly engaged employees (ACF 2013)
- Global research shows higher employee engagement drives business performance
- Workplace giving responds to one of the biggest challenges faced by charities today – finding stable and low-cost funding.
“If you convince me giving $1 or $2 a pay will make a difference, that will entice me. And then imagine if everyone did that.”
- Workplace giving donor
The Australian Charities Fund has developed a Workplace Giving DIY Guide to make it easy for businesses to establish and manage great workplace giving programs.