SADS Australia seeks funds to help reduce sudden cardiac death in the young, through a number of activities, including: Awareness, education, assessments, support and research.
To set a bench mark for all, young unexplained sudden deaths, to be investigated promptly.
- Liaise and support the family.
- The heart to be examined by a cardiac pathologist.
- Genetic testing (if necessary) to be carried out on extended family.
- Reliable database
- Screening center's to be set up in Clinic's, providing free ECG,S and cardiac echo's.
- Mobile screening unit.
- Mass public awareness, through, radio, word and mouth, press, leaflets and media sources.
- Setting up a website.
- Links to:
- A helpline and forum for bereaved families.
- Memorial page.
- Database and collation.
- Donation link
- Fund raising
- Raising awareness
- Extended family support
- Support network
- Experienced counseling team
- Detection and screening
- Mobile screening units/screening centers
- To educate EDs and GP's
- Awareness days in schools and work places
- Extensive media coverage
- Form a specialist medical team
- Educate and update the medical professional with the latest research
- Release new information via publication
- Produce information on " The warning signs".
Our future vision will be to fast track Coronary/Pathology services and have a dedicated Cardiac screening team. In conclusion we would use CRY, as our bench mark to excellence.