Cover Photo

South Gippsland Landcare Network

Enhancing Koala Habitat

Our Mission

Through community action, to help preserve, protect and enhance the long- term sustainablity of farming and the environment in South GIppsland.

Protecting and Enhacing Koala Habitat 

Approximately 80% of koala habitat has been decimated since European settlement. Of the remaining 20% most occurs on private land. 

The development of a Koala Habitat Preservation, Enhancement and Restoration Plan has allowed Landcare to target our efforts in a coordinated manner. 

SGLN is working with our local landcare members to protect important koala habitat and extend the revegetation efforts across the lansdcape allowing koalas to move safely.

On ground works are a key component of overall project. Active management of our remnants and revegetation areas are key to the long term ecological resilience of the landscape and ultimately the protection of our native species. Community awareness and education, (which is also part of the project) further enhances the project by actively engaging the community in seed collection, propagation, tree planting, koala counts, weed control and assistance to research projects.

How will these funds be used?

  1. Grants to Landcare members to undertake specific activities such as
    • Revegetation work to repair and restore the treed landscape
    • Developing and planting wildlife corridors, linking areas of fragmented bushland
    • Fencing off and replanting riparian areas to rehabilitate waterways and improve water quality, both in the river or stream and the inlets they flow into

Key areas of expenditure:

  • On ground works
    • Tubestock, fencing, chemicals for weed control,
  • Mapping and monitoring
    • Photo point monitoring
    • Recording on ground work on digital maps for reporting and publicity purposes 

Contact Details

Po BOX 419

Are donations tax deductible?


Will I receive a receipt for my donation?

Yes, as soon as your donation is processed.

We are proud to acknowledge and support participation of Traditional Owners of the land on which we live and work, specifically the clans of Gunaikurnai and Bunurong. We honour and respect their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to this country and pay our respects to Elders of the past, present and future.

Amount Contact Questions Payment

Show cause section

Change donation details
The organisation will still receive your details, but they will not be displayed publicly

Change contact details
Separate multiple email addresses with a comma

Please ensure the above information is correct. By clicking 'Next', you agree to GiveNow's privacy policy and terms of use.