Founded by Tom Bass AM (1916-2010) in 1974, the Tom Bass Sculpture Studio School holds a unique position in the teaching and practice of sculpture in Australia. We are Australia´s oldest and most respected institution dedicated to teaching sculpture in the classic atelier tradition of master and apprentice. The Tom Bass Studio School is housed in a unique and atmospheric work space in central Erskineville, in the hub of a creative area.
Help us to inspire, challenge and nurture the next generation of sculpture students and emerging artists.
Why we are collecting funds?
We are a not-for-profit organisation that appreciates your support to help us
- To raise funds for an exciting new art prize - The Tom Bass Prize for Figurative Sculpture 2016
- Continue to uphold the traditions of sculpture
- Promote the value of public sculpture
- Celebrate the achievements of Australian sculptors
- Support young and disadvantaged students
- Ensure the Studio School remains a viable and vital part of the community
Your donation will have a significant impact.
What can you do?
Donate funds that will be used directly towards the Tom Bass Prize or towards the Fund for the Promotion of Sculpture - the different levels are listed below:
Marble - $5000 +
Bronze - $3000 to $4999
Copper - $1500 to $2999
Granite - $1000 to $1499
Sandstone - $500 to $999
Steel - $250 to $499
Plaster - up to $249
How can I learn more?
Visit the Tom Bass Prize website: http://www.tombassprize.com/
Visit the Tom Bass Sculpture Studio School website: http://tbsss.org.au/