Give a young person a go!
Many young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds face significant barriers
to accessing education and employment including: interrupted or lack of schooling,
lack of English language, lack of support with homework and lack of work
experience opportunities and support networks in Australia.
The Social Studio breaks down these barriers by providing a safe, supportive and
creative environment for young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds to
gain work experience and qualifications, express their creativity, gain industry
contacts, meet new friends and build their confidence as they create a new life in
Our programs include:
- Work experience in fashion, design, retail and hospitality industries
- Accredited TAFE training delivered on site in clothing production, textiles and design and hospitality
- Social sewing programs
- Education and career pathway support and programs (including providing employment opportunities at The Social Studio)
- Social support and life skills programs (i.e. healthy living program, computer skills, financial literacy, English for work etc.)
- Events, fashion shows, exhibitions and other creative projects that encourage participation, community, self-confidence and self-expression
How will the funds be used?
All donations are used to help fund our training, employment and work experience programs, purchase essential equipment and materials and in to help us to provide support to young people who access our programs.
$25 Will provide one hour of dedicated employment and education pathway support for one young person
$50 Will provide a Safe Food Handling or Coffee
Making qualification for a young person to help them
secure employment in the future
$100 Will provide an essential student pack for one fashion or design student for one year
$500 Will provide teaching support for an entire class in our TAFE program for one week
$1000 Will cover training costs for one student in our TAFE programs for one semester
Are donations tax deductible? Yes
Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes, immediately sent to you by email when approved.