Women's Health East is a regional women's health promotion agency working across the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne.
Working within a feminist framework, Women's Health East address the social, political and environmental factors impacting on the health, safety and wellbeing of women in the region. We work to build the capacity of services and programs in the region to optimally address issues affecting women.
Our Priorities are
- Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Gender Equity for Health Outcomes
We welcome all donations. Large or small, each contribution is valuable and greatly appreciated.
Some of the programs you will be supporting include:
- Speaking Out: A Media advocacy program to prevent family violence and sexual assault. Women who have experienced violence are trained and supported to share their stories and provide insight and expertise on how to prevent violence against women. Partners in this work include Eastern Domestic Violence Service and the Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault.
- Together for Equality & Respect: Women's Health East leads and coordinates this strategy to prevent men's violence against women in partnership with more than 25 organisations across Melbourne's East.
- Gender Equity Training: The provision of training for organisations across Melbourne's Eastern Region to improve their ability to understand and respond to gender inequality. Through supporting organisations we aim to promote women's health and wellbeing, promote the prevention of violence against women and provide women in the East with equitable opportunities, choices and access to services.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health: Working with our partners to identify and respond to key sexual and reproductive health issues for women in Melbourne's East.
To find out more about these initiatives and other work at Women's Health East, please see our website at www.whe.org.au.
To stay up to date with all the latest news from Women's Health East you can follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or subscribe to our enews